Monday, March 14, 2016

Always "Bitter-Sweet" to Say Goodbye

I will not especially miss the "spoiled" pump which has recently had our water stream close to a trickle, or the 104 F temperatures which thankfully are now beginning to welcome some occasional rain, or the hair-raising misses as the taxis, motorcycles, bikes and lorries vie for their place on the road.
I will miss, however, good friends, a certain peaceful, slow-moving way of life which allows one to think, the feeling of accomplishment when a particular challenge is met, and of course, Jim, to whom I've become rather accustomed for the past thirty-seven years of marriage.
I am thankful for our good health and well-being; I am forever proud of the difficult and amazing work that Jim faces daily. I pray for those in need - the serious medical problems of Wetani who is now in Accra and Abdulai, who we have helped to get a German visa and air transport enabling him to undergo appearance-changing reconstructive surgery after the removal of a tumor of the jaw.
With a few more photos taken here in Tamale, I treasure my memories and look forward to a return in a few months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written and beautiful photos! - Ann G.

Cynthia R. Murphy said...

Merci, Ann.