Friday, February 19, 2016

Not My Best Week


This is the particularly hot season when no rain is in sight; the temperatures are  easily in the mid to high 90s (F) during the day, often rising above 100. Not an ideal time for our refrigerator (brought over in a container from the U.S. eight years ago) to bite the dust - with the help of my carelessness.
Even a basic understanding of physics has never been my strong suit and while attempting to make use of an extension cord, I inserted a 110 volt U.S. plug into a 220 volt Ghanaian outlet without remembering to use a converter. Alas, all the fresh produce purchased yesterday in the market (including two dozen eggs) now rests in a warm frig, begging to be cooked and eaten.
No sympathy from Jim, who always has much more important things on his mind - two young boys who can barely breathe and a young woman with problematic bleeding.
Lunch with Philomena
Typical shopping display - much longer than I could capture with my camera!

No comments: