Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Farewells and Future Plans

My nearly four-month stay in Ghana will soon be coming to a close as I fly from Tamale to Accra on Nov. 2. Jim plans to accompany me to Accra where we'll spend the week-end before my flight to the U.S. via Amsterdam which departs the evening of Nov. 5.
As one might imagine, it's with mixed feelings that I leave. While I greatly look forward to being with family and friends, it will be difficult saying "au revoir" to Jim. Future plans are always uncertain but I hope to return to Ghana late in the spring. Meanwhile, our daughter, Beth, will be the first family member to visit the Murphy home in Tamale. She and her Dad will celebrate Christmas together while I join the contingent in the States.
And so, as I say my farewells, I'm deeply appreciative to have been exposed to many new experiences and at the same time realize I have so much more to learn. Africa is a huge continent with its countries very diverse. Ghana, and most importantly the people I've met here, have been my personal and unforgettable introduction to this unique part of our world.

2 comments:

juplife said...

i'm glad you had a good experience while you were there. hopefully dr. murphy can handle it on his own.

are you going to keep writing the blog. might require a name change, but i look forward to this.

Anonymous said...

Cyndy---I enjoyed your stories and look forward to seeing you-I'm on my way to UK just as you return-Kory is studying therethis semester-wish I had the time and money for a Paris run---talk to you soon-Jean Mckeown